Established in 1998, Celtic Anglian Water (CAW) is a subsidiary company of the UK’s Anglian Water Group. Headquartered in Dublin, CAW employs over 90 people at various offices and treatment plants in Ireland and the UK.
Regarded as one of Ireland’s largest water service operators, our mission is to reliably supply wholesome and clean drinking water at the customer’s tap, treat wastewater to the highest EU standards to safeguard public health, and protect our environment. Innovation, efficiency, and reliability underpin all of our business activities but so also does our awareness of the need to recover and reuse resources and our commitment to ensure that our operations activities should be environmentally sustainable, including the production of Biofert®, an organic nutrient-rich agricultural fertiliser, much loved by farmers. Our hands-on expertise extends from Advanced Digestion, CHP & Energy Management, Facility Services, Utility Management, Water Metering Services, Asset Maintenance to MEICA Design & Construction.
CAW consistently delivers cost-effective, Operations & Maintenance solutions to Water Utility and Industrial clients, through our innovative Lean 6-sigma approach and accredited integrated management systems. We competitively tender for O&M and Design, Build & Operate contracts in the municipal & industrial sectors in Ireland and the UK.
Potential candidates MUST be fluent in English, and qualified with an Engineering degree, with significant relevant water / wastewater content, plus experience in 3 or more of the following fields:
- Water and Waste Water treatment processes
- Pumping Station detail design
- Odour Control Equipment
- Sludge Thickening, dewatering & handling
- Mechanical Structures
- Tendering and Engineering management
We invite applications from persons with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience, preferably in the water, wastewater or related process industries. The main duties and responsibilities will be to provide project engineering management, tendering and technical input to the design and operational costing of water and wastewater schemes. This will include working with multi-disciplinary teams of civil, mechanical, process and electrical/ICA engineers/ contractors.
Additionally candidates should:
- have experience of design at all levels from feasibility to a “for construction” level
- have considerable technical knowledge of all aspects of design co-ordination as it impacts technical, budgetary and programme issues.
- have good inter-personal skills with the ability to integrate into the existing engineering team, and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines.
- have good communication skills, be computer literate and hold a valid driving licence
- be able to interact positively with senior and junior staff alike
- be progressive and imaginative in their work and strive to add value where possible for the benefit of the company and our clients
Typical duties comprise:
- production of documentation, including reports, drawings, calculations, specifications, tender documentation including particular specifications
- production of project budgets and programmes
- co-ordinating with PSCS, PSDP, Client and other stakeholders
- provide technical advice and guidance
- provide input to bids and project manage appropriate projects
- supervision & management of contractors
- respond to Client requests for information
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (essential);
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams (essential);
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects (essential);
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects (essential);
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems (essential).