Established in 1998, Celtic Anglian Water (CAW) is a subsidiary company of the UK’s Anglian Water Group. Headquartered in Dublin, CAW employs over 90 people at various offices and treatment plants in Ireland and the UK.
Regarded as one of Ireland’s largest water service operators, our mission is to reliably supply wholesome and clean drinking water at the customer’s tap, treat wastewater to the highest EU standards to safeguard public health, and protect our environment. Innovation, efficiency, and reliability underpin all of our business activities but so also does our awareness of the need to recover and reuse resources and our commitment to ensure that our operations activities should be environmentally sustainable, including the production of Biofert®, an organic nutrient-rich agricultural fertiliser, much loved by farmers. Our hands-on expertise extends from Advanced Digestion, CHP & Energy Management, Facility Services, Utility Management, Water Metering Services, Asset Maintenance to MEICA Design & Construction.
CAW consistently delivers cost-effective, Operations & Maintenance solutions to Water Utility and Industrial clients, through our innovative Lean 6-sigma approach and accredited integrated management systems. We competitively tender for O&M and Design, Build & Operate contracts in the municipal & industrial sectors in Ireland and the UK.
Do you want to take an exciting and varied role using industry-leading technology at a place that values team-working, collaboration and looks after its people?
Being a successful water recycling company doesn’t come easy! We focus on looking after you, making sure that we reward and recognise you for all of your great work, while working in a close-knit team. This includes support for any further studies to ensure you are successful in your role.
As well as a competitive salary, you will be included in our Defined Contribution pension scheme upon successful completion of your probation period. This scheme includes serious illness/disability income protection and death in service benefits. You will have 23 days annual leave (plus all the Irish bank holidays).
We also provide onsite health advice and support that goes way beyond your working life, including:
- Annual health checkups including cholesterol and blood pressure monitoring
- Regular Bowel cancer screening
- Diabetes screening
- Promotion of, and inclusion of all staff in mental health initiatives is our priority
Perform routine and emergency repairs of the plant instrumentation, plant PLC control and SCADA systems, plant electrical systems by performing the following duties personally.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain and upgrade the site-wide Process PLC control system related power generation control systems and field instrumentation.
- Determine actions required for repair, maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- Test and troubleshoot pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic components.
- Install, calibrate, scale and maintain plant hydraulic, electronic, and pneumatic control instruments.
- Install, commission and maintain plant VSD systems
- Install new plant instrumentation and controls, i.e. installation of field instruments and PLC systems, add/modify logic and graphic code when new equipment is installed or when code changes are required.
- Commission / troubleshoot serial communications protocols. Assist electrical maintenance personnel when necessary.
- Provide out of hours support to plant operations during plant start-up, running and shutdown activities
- Follow all health and safety rules and regulations. Keep work area clean, safe and orderly.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Maintenance Engineer.
Position and Qualification Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Leaving Certificate. Five year’s power, chemical or industrial plant experience required. Bachelor’s degree.
- It is essential that candidates have served a four year electrical trade apprenticeship.
- Technical schooling in electricity, electronics, physics, instrumentation, computer programming, programmable logic controller programming and math.
- Working knowledge of switchgear, MCC controls, relay logic and various AC and DC voltage systems.
- Specific experience with Rockwell / Allen Bradley Control Systems and PLCs will be advantageous.
- Language Skills: Excellent English, both written and verbal communication. Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, technical procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, electrical schematics, P&ID documents and other procedure manuals.