Established in 1998, Celtic Anglian Water (CAW) is a subsidiary company of the UK’s Anglian Water Group. Headquartered in Dublin, CAW employs over 90 people at various offices and treatment plants in Ireland and the UK.
Regarded as one of Ireland’s largest water service operators, our mission is to reliably supply wholesome and clean drinking water at the customer’s tap, treat wastewater to the highest EU standards to safeguard public health, and protect our environment. Innovation, efficiency, and reliability underpin all of our business activities but so also does our awareness of the need to recover and reuse resources and our commitment to ensure that our operations activities should be environmentally sustainable, including the production of Biofert®, an organic nutrient-rich agricultural fertiliser, much loved by farmers. Our hands-on expertise extends from Advanced Digestion, CHP & Energy Management, Facility Services, Utility Management, Water Metering Services, Asset Maintenance to MEICA Design & Construction.
CAW consistently delivers cost-effective, Operations & Maintenance solutions to Water Utility and Industrial clients, through our innovative Lean 6-sigma approach and accredited integrated management systems. We competitively tender for O&M and Design, Build & Operate contracts in the municipal & industrial sectors in Ireland and the UK.
Overview of the Project Engineer Role
We are seeking to expand our Engineering team to co-ordinate and deliver capital works across Ringsend and other plants. These works include plant upgrades, retrofit works and capital replacement.
The Project Engineer will focus on the co-ordination of design information and site works performed by in-house and by third party contractors. This will include working with multi-disciplinary teams of civil, mechanical, process and electrical/ICA engineers/ contractors.
The Project Engineer will be working with a team of experienced engineers and project managers to develop their knowledge and skills.
The Project Engineer will be based in the CAW Engineering office at the Ringsend Wastewater Treatment Plant in Ringsend, Dublin 4. Engineering activity across the range of projects will require the role to be fulfilled on site in Ringsend.
Typical duties comprise
– Co-ordinating with PSCS, PSDP, Client and other stakeholders
– Performing the duties required for the Project Co-Ordinator for the Construction Stage
– Site supervision & management of in-house and external contractors
– Coordinate responses to Client requests for technical information
– Production of documentation, including reports, drawings, calculations, specifications, tender documentation, project delivery plans, H&S plans.
– Production of project budgets and programmes
– Provide input to bids and project manage appropriate projects
Required for Project Engineer role
– Potential candidates MUST be qualified with an Engineering degree
– MUST be fluent in English
– 3 years experience in a similar role or similar/construction environment
– Practical experience in co-ordinating site activities
– Practical Health & Safety experience in both site activities and design assessment
– Good communication and presentation skills
– Ability to work on own initiative and effectively manage & coordinate site activities
– The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams (essential);
– Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects (essential);
– Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects (essential);
– The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems (essential).
Additionally candidates should
– have good inter-personal skills with the ability to integrate into the existing engineering team, and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines.
– have good communication skills, be computer literate and hold a valid driving licence
– be able to interact positively with senior and junior staff alike
– be progressive and imaginative in their work and strive to add value where possible for the benefit of the company and our clients