Careers at CAW
We are always looking for dynamic individuals at CAW and regularly have vacancies available at our Head Office in Santry and across a number of our operating sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
We offer a great working environment, a very competitive reward package, plus comprehensive training and development to help you reach your full potential. Please see below a full list of our current vacancies available. If you would like to be included within our database please send your CV to email@example.com, whereby we will contact you should a suitable vacancy arise.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager. The ideal candidate will be minimum Diploma qualified in Construction Management or related discipline with at least 7-10 year’s experience with a Main Contractor, with significant relevant water / wastewater or related process industry content, plus experience in the following fields:
- MEICA site management
- Project Supervisor Construction Stage / Main Contractor role
- Civil Construction
- Subcontractor management
We invite applications from persons with relevant experience, preferably in the water, wastewater or related process industries. The main duties and responsibilities:
- Safety, planning, procurement, quality, controlling and monitoring work;
- Fully comply with rigorous Health & Safety Procedures;
- Plan and co-ordinate the construction activities, guaranteeing the quality of execution in accordance with the scheduled programme and other technical specifications;
- Problem analysis and resolution skills;
- Assist in fulfilling the duties of the PSCS;
This will include working with multi-disciplinary teams of civil, mechanical, process and electrical/ICA engineers/ contractors.
Additionally candidates should be experienced and competent to:
- Co-ordinate and monitor sub-contractors performance
- Maintain accurate records of extra works and variations and ensuring appropriate communication of same to company management, commercial team and client.
- Coordinate site meetings between design team and subcontractors
- Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors / omissions are formally communicated to the Design Team in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good building practice
- Ensure compliance with the company's quality procedures and ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Maintaining a tidy, safe and efficient site at all times
- Liaising with the client/client rep in a confident and professional manner.
- Must be IT proficient with ability to write clear, coherent and professional e-mails/letters at all times whether to clients or company management
- Client friendly, presentable and personable as a company representative.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org