Careers at CAW
We are always looking for dynamic individuals at CAW and regularly have vacancies available at our Head Office in Santry and across a number of our operating sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
We offer a great working environment, a very competitive reward package, plus comprehensive training and development to help you reach your full potential. Please see below a full list of our current vacancies available. If you would like to be included within our database please send your CV to email@example.com, whereby we will contact you should a suitable vacancy arise.
CAW are currently recruiting for the position of Maintenance Fitter at Ringsend WWTP. Ringsend is the largest municipal wastewater treatment plant in Ireland and one of the largest in Europe, treating for a population the equivalent of 1.9 million people.
- Working as part of a Mechanical Team and supervising contractors for maintenance, repairs and installations
- Carry out preventative maintenance work on the plant
- Maintain Engineering area in terms of good house keeping
- Contribute on identification, quantification, implementation and presentation of equipment continuous improvement projects
- Making sure maintenance tasks are completed in accordance with site policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs
- Ensure effective completion and ongoing review of planned equipment maintenance routines on MAXIMO (site CMMS)
- Ensure all executed maintenance activities are recorded on MAXIMO (site CMMS)
- Support Engineering and Production personnel on continuous improvements and monitor equipment in order to recommend process improvements
- Minimise downtime on equipment, through fast response, effective root cause analysis and good problem solving techniques
- Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems
- Good communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team and/or on your own with minimum supervision
- Must be self-motivated
- Strong technical capability with attention to detail
Expertise and knowledge of a WWTP
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite applications from persons with relevant experience, preferably in the engineering sector. The purpose of this role is to assist the Project Engineering Team in the administrative functions of their department. This is an exciting opportunity for an Administrator who thrives in a busy work environment. Potential candidates MUST be fluent in English.
Duties (may include but are not limited to the ability to):
- Assist project engineers in developing and maintaining project documentation including drawings, specifications, meeting minutes, transmittals, requests for quotes, vendor submittals, comments, reviews and approvals, and other project documentation
- Gather and expedite information from various parties
- Assist in general administrative tasks such as answering phones, faxing, copying, filing, organising, mailing, and expediting information as needed by each manager
- Assist in maintaining and refining the electronic files system and standard documents using Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and other software
- Organise large amounts of information into a coherent, meaningful format
- Responsibility for flight & accommodation scheduling for team
- Daily general office administration
- Answering telephone queries
- Liaising with design team and site based staff
- Compilation of Sub-Contractor Pack
- File Management
- Administration of Tender Documentation
- Administration of Cost Reports
- Prioritise a variety of tasks with little supervision
- Work in fast pace environment.
- Work as a contributing member of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager as needed.
- Possess an advanced level of computer skills with MS office applications (Excel, Word, Access Powerpoint, Outlook and Sharepoint). This includes the ability to apply advanced formatting to MS Word documents, to build Excel spreadsheets, and to create MS Access queries, forms and reports.
- Be Calm, Patient and Assertive, a Good Communicator, Analytical and a Team Player
- Experience working in a busy office environment. Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines. Excellent attention to detail. Strong organisational/communication skills, both written and verbal. Fluency in English to include both oral and written skills.
- Candidates must be enthusiastic with strong work ethic.
Experience in the Engineering/Construction Industry would be a distinct advantage.
Apply to: email@example.com
Potential candidates MUST be fluent in English, and qualified with an Engineering degree, with significant relevant water/wastewater experience in the following fields:
- Water and Wastewater treatment processes
- Pumping Station detail design
- Odour Control Equipment
- Sludge Thickening, dewatering & handling
- Mechanical Engineering & Specifications
- Tendering Management including:
- Management of Pre-Qualification and Tendering Processes
- Compilation of supporting commercial and technical documentation for the preparation of Pre-Qualification and Tender Submissions
- Estimating of Operation & Maintenance costings
- Estimating of Capital Costs for Capital Projects
We invite applications from persons with relevant experience, preferably in the water, wastewater or related process industries. The main duties and responsibilities will be to provide project engineering management, tendering and technical input to the design and operational costing of water and wastewater schemes. This will include working with multi-disciplinary teams of civil, mechanical, process and electrical/ICA engineers/ contractors.
Additionally candidates should:
have experience of design at all levels from feasibility to a "for construction" level
have considerable technical knowledge of all aspects of design as it impacts technical, budgetary and programme issues.
have good inter-personal skills with the ability to integrate into the existing engineering team, and work alongside colleagues of other disciplines.
have good communication skills, be computer literate and hold a valid driving licence
be able to interact positively with senior and junior staff alike
be progressive and imaginative in their work and strive to add value where possible for the benefit of the company and our clients.
Typical duties comprise:
preparation of drawings
production of documentation, including reports, calculations, specifications, tender documentation including particular specifications, schedules of prices and engineer's estimates
provide technical advice and guidance
provide input to bids and project manage appropriate projects
supervision & management of contractors
Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (essential);
The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams (essential);
Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects (essential);
Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects (essential);
The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems (essential).
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org