Careers at CAW
We are always looking for dynamic individuals at CAW and regularly have vacancies available at our Head Office in Santry and across a number of our operating sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
We offer a great working environment, a very competitive reward package, plus comprehensive training and development to help you reach your full potential. Please see below a full list of our current vacancies available. If you would like to be included within our database please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, whereby we will contact you should a suitable vacancy arise.
General Operative (Contract)
LOCATION: RINGSEND WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT
Celtic Anglian Water operates a number of water and wastewater facilities throughout Ireland. This includes the Ringsend wastewater treatment works which handles circa 40% of all waste water in Ireland. Celtic Anglian Water also provides design, build, install and maintenance solutions to industry in Ireland and the UK.
We are looking for an experienced General Operative to join our team.
- General Operative duties
- Maintenance of equipment necessary for plant operation
- Working at height and confined spaces
- Assisting in offloading of deliveries, transport across site and lifting duties.
- Preparing and providing reports
- Ensuring required materials are available
- Ensuring required resources are available
- Experience in operation, maintenance and construction or water treatment plants would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Safe Pass, Confined Space Training
Apply to: email@example.com
Industrial Business Development Manager
Business: Celtic Anglian Water – Industrial and Commercial Water Sector
Location: Flexible with travel in Ireland and Head Office in Dublin
Celtic Anglian Water and Alpheus Environmental are the contracting arms of the Anglian Water Group operating in Ireland and the UK respectively where they are established design, build and operate contractors in municipal, industrial, and commercial sectors. With a shared Board and Senior Management Team, these businesses bring Anglian’s extensive capabilities in managing water, energy, and resource recovery to bear in serving clients across both regions in multiple and diverse sectors including Pharma, Food, Recreation, Brewing, Mining, and Technology.
Celtic Anglian Water and Alpheus Environmental employ almost 150 people and have a combined turnover in the region of €50m, and an intention to significantly develop and grow both businesses over the coming years.
There has been a significant opportunity identified to grow our industrial and commercial activities in Ireland as we see an opportunity to bring our capabilities and experience to bear on this market and serve customers in a way not previously experienced in these sectors.
The Industrial Business Development Manager, will be supported by the combined Celtic Anglian Water and Alpheus Environmental Business Development and Engineering Teams and will report directly into the Head of Business Development for the UK and Ireland.
Develop and own the company’s Industrial Business Development Strategy to deliver demanding growth targets in selected markets and in line with the Business Plan. Identify and obtain sales opportunities for the company’s services in the industrial and commercial water sector.
Use a relationship-based approach to secure orders from existing and prospective customers for water and wastewater operations and contracts for suitable capital and operations projects. Manage the end to end sales process, develop new business relationships and secure sales in line with targets and following up on company tenders and proposals. Assist in the transition from order / contract signing to the delivery team supporting contract start up.
- Relationship building
- Customer interface
- Customer targeting
- Developing Sales Pipeline
- Presenting products/services
- Securing orders from prospective customers
- Provision of competitor and market intelligence
- Business Planning & Sales Strategy
- Maintenance/accuracy of sales data and reporting
- Active support of colleagues through sharing best practice
Main Tasks/ Accountabilities
- Sales and Account Management
- Influence, coach and enhance team performance
- Ensure resource is deployed appropriately / effectively and enhance our service to customers
- Decision Making Influence
- Budgetary Responsibilities
Key Skills/ Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience in a commercial environment, preferably with some experience of the commercial and industrial water and wastewater industry
- Proven experience and success within a sales & business development role
- Experience of identifying and developing business opportunities
- A deep understanding of sales and marketing principals
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to build excellent customer relationships
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Delivering professional presentations to large groups
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to think both strategically and analytically
- Ability to adapt and challenge
- Ability to work remotely and work using own initiative
- Willingness to cover customers based over a large geographical area
- An enthusiastic/motivated self-starter
- Highly motivated with a positive “can do” attitude
- Broad experience/understanding of water/wastewater company business & regulation – an advantage (but not essential)
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate will be assigned by and report to the Finance Director on all matters of an accounting nature. Day-to-day coordination and supervision is through the Project Manager. The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for total project accounting, including cost accounting, account payable, payroll, owner billings, and subcontractor payment management. Previous experience working in a construction environment would be a distinct advantage.
- The quantity surveyor is responsible to the Finance Director to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed (both accounting and operational matters the account may observe) and that the financial reporting of costs and projections are fairly stated and accurate. Additionally, the quantity surveyor is responsible to alert the Finance Director if the quantity surveyor feels that cost reports, cost projections or individual transactions, are not reasonable and/or should be reviewed by others in the Accounting department.
- The quantity surveyor is responsible to the jobsite team, project manager & engineering manager to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed with respect to day-to-day accounting functions at the jobsite. Especially significant matters include the evaluation of and monitoring of subcontractor financial requirements related to the performance of their subcontract and monthly payment applications. Additionally, the quantity surveyor assists the project manager with the preparation of the monthly payment request to the client.
Main duties and responsibilities are to:
- Develop the current accounting system, monitor it and recommend improvements to the system where applicable
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the client
- Value completed work and arrange payments;
- Monitor and keep track of project progress
- Measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account
- Highlighting areas of concern / loss on any part of the contract
- Oversee all contractual issues
- Participate in monthly project management meetings
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- A degree qualified Quantity Surveyor or equivalent with strong previous exposure in a construction environment
- More than 5 years of billings & receivables, with at least 2-3 years in a construction sector environment
- Team player with excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience with project job costing systems. Exposure to SAGE would be an advantage
Apply to: email@example.com
CAW are currently recruiting for the position of Maintenance Electrician at Ringsend WWTP. Ringsend is the largest municipal wastewater treatment plant in Ireland and one of the largest in Europe treating for a population equivalent of 1.9 million people.
- To execute maintenance activities on electrical equipment including instrumentation, PLC’s, Variable Speed Drives ensuring safe, reliable plant.
- Making sure maintenance tasks are completed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective completion and ongoing review of planned equipment maintenance routines on MAXIMO maintenance system.
- Ensure all executed maintenance activities are recorded by the maintenance team on the MAXIMO maintenance system
- Minimise downtime on equipment, through fast response, effective root cause analysis and good problem solving techniques
- Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Monitoring and record the use of spare parts
- Be active in Identification, quantification, implementation and presentation of equipment continuous improvement projects.
- Time served Electrician with QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft - Electrical or equivalent.
- High-level diagnostic and problem solving skills in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical process plant and associated maintenance activities with the wastewater industry.
- 5 years’ experience in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of Alan Bradley PLC’s, Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet & Profibus communications protocols.
- Knowledge of ABB Variable Speed Drives.
- Knowledge and understanding of ATEX zoned areas
- Familiar with SCADA process control systems for process and fault diagnosis.
- Understand and be highly proficient in information systems, e.g. Email, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of H&S statutory requirements, responsibilities and obligations.
Applications for the position should be forwarded by email
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org